Three Weeks Before Move:
- Make travel arrangements for the family for moving trip, allow for unexpected delays and cash needs that often occur in moves and house closings.
- Gather and organize all important document files such as Medical, Dental, Pet Veterinarian, Children's Health & School Records, Insurance Policies, Wills, Business Files and keep in separate and easily accessible file boxes. Remember you could need these at any time!
Two Weeks Before Move:
- Prepare your vehicles for the trip to the new home. Check tires and have vehicles serviced.
- Terminate newspaper and other delivery services at the old address.
- Give away all plants you don't intend to move.
- If you're moving out of a building with elevators, arrange with management for use of elevators on move day.
- Schedule for appliance disconnects on moving a day or the day before the move, if necessary.
- Contact your moving company to review and confirm all arrangements for your move.
- Return library books & rental videotapes, pick up any dry cleaning, etc.
- Prepare specific directions to your new home for your moving company, including your travel itinerary and emergency numbers
- Schedule your utility connections for your new home!
If you find this article useful, please leave a thumbs up and get ready for next weeks moving tips!