Series # 5: Moving Day- Handy Check List to a Stress-Free Moving Experience
- Plan on spending the entire day at the house with the movers. Don't leave until movers have gone.
- Plan on something breaking. If its a priceless family treasure pack it in your car for safe keeping.
- Make sure the utilities are connected at your new home
- Stay with moving van driver to oversee inventory of goods.
- Give moving van driver directions to new home and numbers where you can be reached prior to delivery.
- Review carefully and sign a bill of lading and inventory, and keep your copy in a safe place until all charges have been paid and all claims (if any) have been settled.
- Make final walk-through of the house, including the attic, closets to make sure it's empty.
- Lock all windows and doors, and drop off keys with Realtor or bring a front door key to closing.
- Leave home clean, tidy and remove ALL trash from the property. If trash day hasn't happened yet take your trash to the dump. DO NOT leave it at the house.
- Do not leave any unwanted items that you didn't have time to move. The new homeowners don't always see these as nice freebies and could cause major headaches later.
We hope you found these tips helpful! Let us know if there is anything you would like to see added! Hope you have a safe and wonderful move!